This position is a full-time position and will be responsible for selling advertising for the Business Journal News Network comprised of publications in the Central New York, Mohawk Valley, and Southern Tier Business Journals, in the Book of Lists, HCP and other digital newsletters, digital ads for CNYBJ.com and event sponsorships for BizEventz to prospective clients while maintaining and servicing existing clients.
- Identify and solicit new business; creating a full pipeline of prospects.
- Maintain and grow current relationships with already established clients.
- Develop and deliver effective sales presentations
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Research companies and competition to develop a target list.
- Exceed established sales goals.
- Set up appointments with clients and prospects.
- Develop a phone call plan to ensure your schedule is full of appointments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
- Prospecting skills a must.
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Must be organized and self-motivated and assertive
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Professional appearance
- Flexibility to attend after hour events when needed
- 2+ years in media/advertising sales is preferred, but not required
- Digital advertising experience is a plus
College degree preferred