In these uncertain times, you can rely on Excellus BlueCross BlueShield to respond to the needs and concerns of the local community, just as we have for more than 85 years.
We understand the pressures and challenges that COVID-19 is creating for the local employers and members that rely on us today. That’s why we’ve taken steps to help businesses and families cope.
- We’re waiving all out-of-pocket costs associated with COVID-19 testing for all members, and for treatment of COVID-19 for fully insured employers, the individual market, Medicare Advantage members and self-funded employers who wish to participate.
- We offer low- and no-cost products and are allowing members to move to those products mid-year without a qualifying event. Employees who waived coverage and now want health insurance will be able to sign up for a plan with our company during our special open enrollment.
- Telemedicine is now available at no cost to our members. This includes access to not only medical doctors, but also behavioral health specialists and therapists to ensure members are able to receive both physical and emotional support.
- In this time of social distancing, we provide personal connections and support through our 24/7 nurse phone line.
- Members also have free access to the Wellframe app to text with a health coach or registered nurse care manager about anything from anxiety and depression … to help obtaining medications … to links for community resources. Members also can be connected with our team of social workers, dieticians, pharmacists and behavioral health specialists, if needed.
- If you’ve had to make the very difficult decision to furlough or lay off employees, we offer low- or no-cost health insurance options in addition to COBRA. Visit ExcellusforBusiness.com to download our toolkit to help educate your employees about their health care options.
Our ExcellusBCBS.com/COVID19 website is continually updated with new information and resources related to COVID-19. We hope that you and your employees use these resources. If you have questions, please feel free to contact your broker or Excellus BCBS Account Manager.
For those who may be seeking coverage with us, our website has information at https://www.chooseexcellus.com/.
Thank you for all you do for your employees and the community. We look forward to working with you to meet the challenges before us with courage, strength and optimism.
– Jim Reed, Regional President and Executive Vice President, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield