Print Edition

  Email News Updates

Saab USA awarded $17.2 million contract add-on from Navy

By Adam Rombel

Date:

DeWITT, N.Y. — Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (Saab USA), of DeWitt, has been awarded a more than $17.2 million modification to a previously awarded U.S. Navy contract to exercise options for production of multi-mode radar (MMR) systems.

Under this contract, Saab USA will manufacture, inspect, test, and deliver MMR systems to be deployed on Navy expeditionary support base ships and Coast Guard offshore patrol cutters, according to an April 30 U.S. Department of Defense contract announcement. Nearly two-thirds (64 percent) of the work will be performed at Saab USA’s DeWitt plant and the rest (36 percent) completed in Gothenburg, Sweden. The work is expected to be finished by October, 2020, the Defense Department said.

Contact Rombel at arombel@cnybj.com

BJNN file photo by Eric Reinhardt

Thank You For Visiting CNYBJ.com