ITHACA, N.Y. — The Rotary Club of Ithaca is accepting applications for its community grants program, which is intended to “promote the quality of life in Tompkins County.”
Small nonprofit organizations are “especially encouraged” to apply, the Rotary Club said. 2019 grant recipients aren’t eligible this year, it added.
All grant applications must be for projects within Tompkins County. The maximum grant award is $1,000.
Proposals could include special projects or “one-time needs that are not usually supported by your general funding sources,” the Rotary Club said.
The organization noted that it doesn’t make grants that will be used as part of a larger campaign. Grants are not usually made for operating budgets, endowments, or programs needing ongoing support.
Grant funds must be spent by May 1, 2021, “without expectation of further support.”
Proposals are limited to three pages. Applicants are asked to submit one copy on the organization’s letterhead by Aug. 7.
Applicants shouldn’t include annual reports, newsletters, etc., the Rotary Club said. All materials must be “easily scannable” for committee review and received in one file. Applicants should include the following information in this order:
- Legal name of the organization and Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Name, address, email, and telephone number of the grant contact person
- Brief description of the organization’s mission
- Dollar amount requested
- One sentence description of the grant need/request
- Concise needs statement describing the project and its significance to the community
- Simple project budget
- Names of the governing body/board and officers (may be extra page attachment)
Applicants can submit their application by midnight on Aug. 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Awardees will be invited to a check presentation at a Rotary lunch award ceremony in October. A one-page final report is required upon completion of the project, but no later than May 1, 2021.