OSWEGO — Operation Oswego County (OOC), at its annual meeting in June, presented the 2018 Dee Heckethorn Entrepreneur Award to Dr. Padma Ram.
The award was in recognition and appreciation of “exceptional entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, and dedication to fostering the growth and development” of Dr. Padma Ram Medical Services, LLC, an internal-medicine practice, the OOC said in a news release.
The practice includes a primary care practice and an urgent-care facility located in the city of Oswego. The OOC said it honored Dr. Ram for the following attributes and achievements:
• having more than 37 years in medical practice
• starting her business in 2000 and launching a major expansion in 2013 by acquiring a 26,000-square-foot building
• growing employment by 95 percent to 35 jobs
• serving a combined 17,000 patients in 2017
• being recognized for an SBA Small Business Excellence Award in 2018
• maintaining vision, commitment, and a focus on delivering quality health-care services and operating a successful business in Oswego County.