UTICA, N.Y. — Oneida County officials on Friday reported one COVID-19 death and 12 new cases in the last day.
Oneida County also reported the following coronavirus statistics on Friday:
- the 12 positives increased the county’s total to 2,398
- 55 active positive cases (unchanged from Thursday, but down from 91 last Sunday)
- the one COVID-19-related death increased the total to 124
- 4 patients are hospitalized in Oneida County (all at MVHS), down 1 from yesterday
- 2,219 infected people have recovered, up 11 from Thursday
- 142,027 total negative results
- 144,425 total tests have been conducted
- 55 are in mandatory isolation, unchanged from a day ago
- 533 in mandatory quarantine, unchanged from yesterday
The county’s infection rate was 1.02 percent in the last day, with 12 positives out of 1,178 total tests.
Oneida County also warned the public of possible exposure to the coronavirus at the Walmart store on Commercial Drive in New Hartford on Monday, Sept. 21. A store employee who tested positive had worked from 3-9 p.m. that day. The individual wore a mask. The public is advised to self-monitor for symptoms until Oct. 5.