UTICA, N.Y. — Oneida County on Monday announced just two new coronavirus cases in the last day, continuing the recent trend of single-digit daily infections.
The county had four virus cases on Sunday and nine on Saturday. Its three-day average of infections fell to just five, the lowest level since late March.
Oneida County also reported the following COVID-19 statistics on Monday:
- The 2 new virus cases bring the county’s total to 2,060
- 0 new COVID-19-related deaths, 115 total
- 10 coronavirus patients are hospitalized in Oneida County (9 at MVHS, 1 at Rome Memorial), unchanged from the day before
- 2 patients are hospitalized outside Oneida County, up one from a day prior
- 3 hospitalized patients in the county are nursing-home residents receiving acute care (all 3 at MVHS), unchanged from Sunday
- 175 active positive cases, down from 208 a day earlier
- 1,770 people with the virus have recovered, up 35 in the last day
- 76,622 total tests have been conducted.
- 74,562 total negative results
- 175 people are in mandatory isolation, down by 33 from a day ago
- 1,069 are in mandatory quarantine, up 14 since Sunday
The county’s infection rate was 0.31 percent in the last day with two positives out of 642 total tests.