VESTAL, N.Y. — A total of 18 semifinalists made their pitches in the 76West clean-energy competition in a two-day event held on Aug. 7 and 8 at Binghamton University in Vestal.
The semifinalists are competing for six awards, including a $1 million grand prize, which will be announced in the fall, NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research and Development Authority) said in a news release.
The 76West competition focuses on cleantech economic development and seeks to expand “innovative” entrepreneurship in the Southern Tier.
The semifinalists in the 76West competition include the following firms (base of operation in parentheses):
- Syndem (Binghamton)
- Heat Inverse (Ithaca)
- Cortland Research (Homer)
- SunDensity (Vestal)
- Paradigm of New York (Rochester)
- Clean Fiber (Buffalo)
- OXTO Energy (Queens)
- Allied Microbiota (Brooklyn)
- Carbon Upcycling Technologies (Calgary, Canada)
- SWTCH Energy (Toronto, Canada)
- Radical Plastics (Marblehead, Massachusetts)
- Optimus Technologies (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Prosumer Grid (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Biolive (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Blue Frontier (Parkland, Florida)
- Cambridge Crops (Somerville, Massachusetts)
- FlashCharge Batteries (Aventura, Florida)
- PolyJoule (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
Contact Reinhardt at email@example.com